Bonanza is quickly becoming one of the most popular peer to peer marketplaces, rivaling websites such as eBay, Tophatter, eBid.net, and other popular only auction and marketplaces. As seems to be the business strategy with other eBay rivals, Bonanza has taken a “seller-centric” approach to building an enormous catalog of sellers worldwide. For the end user (you!), this means lots of variety in the types of items for sale in this marketplace. Much of which you probably won’t find anywhere else. Please keep in mind that Bonanza is NOT a penny auction website, but an online marketplace similar to ebay.
Competition: None, no bidding is needed
Bonanza Coupon Codes: Not needed
- Bonanza Address: 3131 Western Ave Ste 428, Seattle, WA 98121-1028
- Phone number: (206) 588-5849
- Facebook: facebook.com/BonanzaMarket
BBB Rating: A+
Editor’s Bonanza Review
Bonanza is just like eBay, except a much newer option born with a goal of creating a marketplace where anyone can sell and items seem a bit more unique. If eBay and Etsy were to get married and make a baby, Bonanza would be the result. In short, Bonanza is an online marketplace featuring tens-of-thousands of sellers from around the world. The website offers both new and used products in every category. As a buyer, you’re given the chance to purchase both unique and run-of-the-mill items. As a seller, it’s basically the same as eBay except without as many seller fees.
Please note that Bonanza.com is NOT a penny auction. That’s right, NOT a penny auction.
Bonanza Marketplace Features
Bonanza.com differs from penny auction websites in a few ways:
- Non-Auction Format: Bonanza is not an auction website, it’s a marketplace where you do not compete (bid) for an item.
- Free to participate: All auctions are free to participate in. The consumer only pays when she/he wants to buy an item.
- Private Sellers: Products sold on Bonanza are done so by other vendors. So there are basically thousands of vendors auctioning products at all times.
- High Volume: At a glance, there seems to be about 250,000 items for sale across almost every shopping category.
Common Bonanza Items
- New items
- Used items
- Fashion (cloths, jewelry, hats, winter cloths, etc.)
- Electronics (consumer electronics, home made electronics, name brand electronics)
- Home goods (home decor, gardening, etc.)
- Collectibles (sports memorabilia, etc.)
- Pet supplies
- Really, everything else (look now)
Bonanza Shopping Tips
- Watch the seller: Bonanza is not a retail company. They are a website. All items for sale on Bonanza.com are sold by third party sellers. Some are great, some are not. Ready seller reviews (link to seller reviews on each auction page) BEFORE buying.
- Shipping cost: Items come from all over the World and shipping can be expensive. Again, look for the shipping costs charged by sellers on each product page.
- Shipping time: Same as above, items shipping across the World will take time (weeks) to arrive.
Bonanza Marketplace Shipping and Fees
Bonanza sellers are responsible for setting their own shipping fees. It’s important that you the buyer review the shipping costs and time for each item that you are puchasing. We cannot stress this enough. The most common bad review of the Bonanza website is complaints about shipping. Don’t buy from sellers if you aren’t okay with the shipping cost or time!
Is Bonanza a scam?
We don’t think so. Bonanza is an online marketplace full of great and terrible sellers. Read seller reviews, buy what you like. The simple way to avoid feeling taken.
Bonanza Pros and Cons
- Bonanza Pros: Free to shop, huge wide selection of products, some unique stuff to buy.
- Bonanza Cons: Shipping can be timely and expensive, seller reputations vary greatly but are easy to see on the website.
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about the website, Bonanza.
Yes, instead of ‘adding to cart’, Bonanza shoppers can add to ‘wishlist’ for later purchase.
Bonanza requires users to log-in and upgrade their account to access their official customer support line. For most of us, support is only available via the support portal.
On Bananza, a top-rated seller is one who essentially has a great reputation. We recommend only working with top rated sellers if you want to be on the safe side in terms of product quality and vendor reliability. Top Rated Sellers:
- Have 98%positive feedback
- Have been selling on Bonanza for 90+ days
- Have sold at least $250 in goods with 25+ transactions
- Have a refund rate of less than 20%
Look for the following logo on auction pages to ensure that the seller has the ‘Top Rated’ designation.
Bonanza Shopper Ratings and Reviews
Submit your review
Bonanza is huge, tons of products especially as holidays approach. I like it.
Varying experiences with different sellers. One I needed a refund. Seems like a lot of sellers though so I'll try again.
Item took 3 weeks to get to my house. Then i realized it was coming from china. next time, will find USA seller
I love bonanaza. Lots of stuff, and lots of stuff you don't see on ebay, amazon or similar marketplaces. Had a couple issues with sellers but bananza refunded my money. Overall, sellers have been relaible.
If there were 2.5/5 stars, that would be my rating. The first time on bought on bonanza, i bought from a new seller and had to get a refund. The item was cr*p [edited]. Now i look for top sellers and read seller ratings. Usually, if the seller is good, it's legit and you should buy. Not saying that have to be top to be good, its just a good way to know for sure.