DealDash is a US-based penny auction website which was founded in 2009. This is one of the longest-running and largest penny auction websites (similar in size to Quibids) operating in the US today. It should also be noted that DealDash purchased the domain Swoopo.com in 2012. Prior to going out of business, Swoopo was a dominant penny auction operating in Europe.
DealDash is a low-frill penny auction giant which seems to offer a greater volume of auctions that almost any other penny auction website. The member-base of this auction site is also very large and easily supports the number of auctions which they offer. At a glance, DealDash offers incredible product variety, auction frequency and ships everything free all-the-time (which we really like)!
DealDash Auction Features
As we mentioned, DealDash is a low-frill auction meaning that there aren’t many gimmicks. The only special auction type they really offer are the ‘No Jumper’ auctions which help limit competition. With a No Jumper auction, bidding is closed to new bidders once the auction reaches a certain price. This prevents spoilers from entering auctions that have been running a long time.
Common DealDash Auction Products
- TV Auctions (LED, LCD, Plasma, 3DHD, etc.)
- Tablets (iPad, Samsung, etc.)
- Gift Cards (all varieties of restaurants, gas cards, Amazon, etc.)
- Camping and Outdoor (survival tools, sleeping bags, metal detectors, etc.)
- Tools (drills, saws, etc.)
- Small Home Appliances (deep fryers, bread makers, compact refrigerators, etc.)
- Fitness (running shoes, dumbbells, racing bikes, etc.)
- Toys, Kids & Baby (cribs, bounce houses, LEGO’s, etc. )
- Appliances (small kitchen appliances, dishwashers, refrigerators, stoves, etc.)
- Cameras (SLR’s, underwater cameras, etc.)
- Bid packages
DealDash Shipping and Fees
One thing that we love about DealDash (and Quibids) is free shipping! DealDash.com ships winning for free on all auctions in the continental USA. They do not provide shipping to Hawaii, Alaska or outside of the USA. Free shipping is rare in the penny auction world!
Is Deal dash a Scam?
DealDash has a great BBB rating (A+) and is accredited. They have a very good reputation in the industry for making good on won auctions, providing good customer service and having a generous refund policy. They appear to be extremely open in the operating practices. We don’t see any reason to call Deal Dash a scam.
DealDash Pros and Cons
- DealDash Pros: Lots of auctions, great product variety, free shipping, No Jumper auctions
- DealDash Cons: Lots of bidders and competition can be rough sometimes
Dealdash is not a marketplace where you can sell on. All items on Dealdash.com are sold by dealdash at this time. Sorry 🙂
Many consumers turn to Yahoo for reviews on DealDash. If you’d like to see Yahoo reviews of Dealdash, please do so. We always recommend reading reviews before bidding.
The cost of participating in penny auctions DealDash.com is comprised of a few things.
- Cost of bids: How much did you spend on bid packages while bidding?
- Cost of the closed auction: If you won, how much was the final closing price?
- Shipping Costs: What were the costs of shipping?
If you do not win an auction, you can get your bids back, by taking advantage of the “Buy It Now” option.
For example: If you bid 100 times on a $50 Walmart Gift Card and don’t win, you can just buy the item for $50 and get all your bids back for free. You can now re-use your bids to try to win another auction!
The bid price may change daily depending on the active offers. Make sure to check out the current offer often, not to miss out on the cheapest days.
Let’s face it. DealDash is the monster penny auction that we all suspect it is. There’s a million things that we love about DealDash (free shipping, no jumper auctions, tons of product, etc.) but there’s also something we don’t!
How do you Get Free Bids for DealDash?
On sign-up DealDash rarely hooks new bidders up with free bids. However, once you’re a member, there are a few ways to get free bids on DealDash.
- Get DealDash free bids on facebook: Once you’ve won a DealDash auction and have received your bounty, take a picture and share it on their facebook page to get hooked up with free bids.
- Buy It: Let’s say you’re too deep in an auction and want to bail. Consider buying the item at the buy it price and dealdash with refund your bids. We consider these to be ‘free bids’ because you would lose them otherwise.
- Free bids faster: Each time you are the highest bidder, your bidder bar fills up. When the bar is full, you can claim your free bids and your level goes up. During “Free bids faster” promotions the bar fills up faster, meaning that you will earn the next level and the free bids faster!
We often get asked the question, “Which penny auctions sites are like DealDash?”. Our answer, Quibids!
Why DealDash is Similar to Quibids
- Quibids offers an extremely high volume of penny auctions daily like DealDash.
- Quibids is considered as “safe” as DealDash in that shipping is cheap/free, most auctions are ‘buy it’ and their reputation is great (relative to other penny auction sites.
- Quibids and DealDash offer many of the same types of auctions (product selection)
- Quibids and DealDash both support new bidders/beginners with lower competition auctions.
Why DealDash is not Like Quibids
The main difference between DealDash and Quibids has to do with the price of bids. Quibids is known for almost never offering discount bids. DealDash on the other hand, frequently offers large discounts on bid packages. We’re not sure whether this is a plus or minus, but it is a difference.
Auto-bidding on DealDash
BidBuddy is the name of DealDash’s auto-bidding tool. On DealDash, BidBuddy is initiated by entering the number of bids and hitting ‘start’ (no start and stop points are needed). The tool will then place bids for you in the final few seconds of the auction.
- When it bids: During the last few seconds of the auction
- How many bids can it place per campaign: No limits
- How many can be set simultaneously: Any number
- Can it be deactivated? Yes
- Restrictions: None
- Try BidBuddy
PENNY AUCTION COMPARISON TABLE
|Website||Editor's Rating||Type||Best Features|
|Review Coming Soon||E-commerce||Huge online marketplace, many perks with prime membership including 2-day free shipping||@amazon|
|Read Review||Penny Auction||Many auctions available from TV's to home appliances, featuring beginner auctions, free shipping, good reputation.||@dealdash|
|Read Review||Free Auction||Largest marketplace to find online auctions, with many categories, offers buy it now and promotions||@ebay|
|Read Review||Free Auction,|
|Offers products across all categories, similar to eBay, less expensive for sellers so slightly lower prices.||@bonanza|
|Read Review||Penny Auction||Always free shipping. You can earn free bids by referring friends and family.||@centbids|
|Read Review||Free Auction||Many auctions are available in all categories, unique product offering.||@ebid|
|Read Review||Free Auction, |
|Offers vacation & travel auctions, excellent Deal of the Day section with unique buy it now offers.||@ubid|
|Read Review||Free Auction||Steal of the Day section, various categories with authentic police seized, stolen, abandoned and surplus goods.||@propertyroom|
|Read Review||Penny Auction||Special events to win extra bids, prizes, or other incentives, shipping is free, refer-a-friend program to earn free bids.||@orangebidz|
|Read Review||Penny Auction, |
|Free shipping on almost everything, auctions available in many categories laptops and tablets to purses and jewelry.||@quibids|
|Read Review||Free Auction, |
|Various product categories from jewelry to electronics featuring high paced auctions, with Buy It Now options.||@tophatter|
|Read Review||Penny Auction, |
|Primabids store where you can buy it now, winners can re-sell products which they’ve won, gift cards, games, and many other products.||@primabids|
|Read Review||Penny Auction||Beginner Auctions, buy it auctions, offers auctions in many categories and discounts for new bidders.||@wellbid|
|Read Review||Free Auction||Offers government Auction information for thousands of yearly government auctions, bank foreclosure, car, truck, and other automobile auctions||@policeauctions|
DealDash User Ratings and Reviews
Submit your review
I’ve won some and lost some, but when I’ve won, the deals have been spectacular, (pennies on the dollar). If you want some great deals and have a little fun, DealDash is it. .
DealDash has always provided a nice variety of products on their penny auction site. I most recently won a Volsen steam iron for .82 cents. They stand behind there products and free shipping.
It’s fairly straightforward on how to use DealDash-
If you ever have a problem/ question, ask Customer Support- the personnel are extremely attentive to all of my questions & try to help anyway they can(wish ALL Customer Support teams were like DD)
Love this site you have many chances to win products at low prices compared to buying things for full price at stores if you don't win you can buy it and get your bids back now they even have cars you can win but I must say for a car you better be saving up cause it's tuff but many things sell cheap every day good luck
dealdash is easy and fun to play. Some auctions are very competitive. Shipping is always free and very fast deliveries.
Very addictive. Spent over $5k in 3 months. If i go by there retail im way ahead. Customer service is the best I've ever had to deal with. Only thing i don't like is the bidders that are on almost every auction that seem to have no limit.
DealDash is great! I love the items they put up for auction. They run specials on the bid prices often. I love that they keep people from jumping into an auction after a certain point.That makes it better for those who have been bidding for a long time. I have not been unhappy with any of the products I have received from them. I go on everyday seeing what goodies I can score.
This penny auction can drive you crazy if you let it. Sometimes you want to bid on so many things that I just refer to the bid buddy and voila, it no longer drives me crazy. There was one mishap where it showed I won a TV on the auction screen, but didn't show up on my dashboard. I called them and they told me someone else won. But MY NAME was labeled as the winner in the actual auction. I guess you can't fight city hall or Deal Dash.
Worth it. Have one many items that have been a real bargain. Lots of ways to get free bids. Customer service is better than excellent chariot it's not only fun to win it's fun to win when it's a real bargain and the site has been good for me
Have been using Deal Dash for a few years now. There bids are cheaper than most of the other bidding sights. They run specials on them from time to time. The merchandise they offer is high quality and shipping is always free. That’s a real plus. You also get bonus bids from time to time. The site is worth checking out!!