DealDash is a US-based penny auction website which was founded in 2009. This is one of the longest-running and largest penny auction websites (similar in size to Quibids) operating in the US today. It should also be noted that DealDash purchased the domain Swoopo.com in 2012. Prior to going out of business, Swoopo was a dominant penny auction operating in Europe.
DealDash is a low-frill penny auction giant which seems to offer a greater volume of auctions that almost any other penny auction website. The member-base of this auction site is also very large and easily supports the number of auctions which they offer. At a glance, DealDash offers incredible product variety, auction frequency and ships everything free all-the-time (which we really like)!
DealDash Auction Features
As we mentioned, DealDash is a low-frill auction meaning that there aren’t many gimmicks. The only special auction type they really offer are the ‘No Jumper’ auctions which help limit competition. With a No Jumper auction, bidding is closed to new bidders once the auction reaches a certain price. This prevents spoilers from entering auctions that have been running a long time.
Common DealDash Auction Products
- TV Auctions (LED, LCD, Plasma, 3DHD, etc.)
- Tablets (iPad, Samsung, etc.)
- Gift Cards (all varieties of restaurants, gas cards, Amazon, etc.)
- Camping and Outdoor (survival tools, sleeping bags, metal detectors, etc.)
- Tools (drills, saws, etc.)
- Small Home Appliances (deep fryers, bread makers, compact refrigerators, etc.)
- Fitness (running shoes, dumbbells, racing bikes, etc.)
- Toys, Kids & Baby (cribs, bounce houses, LEGO’s, etc. )
- Appliances (small kitchen appliances, dishwashers, refrigerators, stoves, etc.)
- Cameras (SLR’s, underwater cameras, etc.)
- Bid packages
DealDash Shipping and Fees
One thing that we love about DealDash (and Quibids) is free shipping! DealDash.com ships winning for free on all auctions in the continental USA. They do not provide shipping to Hawaii, Alaska or outside of the USA. Free shipping is rare in the penny auction world!
Is Deal dash a Scam?
DealDash has a great BBB rating (A+) and is accredited. They have a very good reputation in the industry for making good on won auctions, providing good customer service and having a generous refund policy. They appear to be extremely open in the operating practices. We don’t see any reason to call Deal Dash a scam.
DealDash Pros and Cons
- DealDash Pros: Lots of auctions, great product variety, free shipping, No Jumper auctions
- DealDash Cons: Lots of bidders and competition can be rough sometimes
If you do not win an auction, you can get your bids back, by taking advantage of the “Buy It Now” option.
For example: If you bid 100 times on a $50 Walmart Gift Card and don’t win, you can just buy the item for $50 and get all your bids back for free. You can now re-use your bids to try to win another auction!
The bid price may change daily depending on the active offers. Make sure to check out the current offer often, not to miss out on the cheapest days.
Let’s face it. DealDash is the monster penny auction that we all suspect it is. There’s a million things that we love about DealDash (free shipping, no jumper auctions, tons of product, etc.) but there’s also something we don’t!
How do you Get Free Bids for DealDash?
On sign-up DealDash rarely hooks new bidders up with free bids. However, once you’re a member, there are a few ways to get free bids on DealDash.
- Get DealDash free bids on facebook: Once you’ve won a DealDash auction and have received your bounty, take a picture and share it on their facebook page to get hooked up with free bids.
- Buy It: Let’s say you’re too deep in an auction and want to bail. Consider buying the item at the buy it price and dealdash with refund your bids. We consider these to be ‘free bids’ because you would lose them otherwise.
- Free bids faster: Each time you are the highest bidder, your bidder bar fills up. When the bar is full, you can claim your free bids and your level goes up. During “Free bids faster” promotions the bar fills up faster, meaning that you will earn the next level and the free bids faster!
We often get asked the question, “Which penny auctions sites are like DealDash?”. Our answer, Quibids!
Why DealDash is Similar to Quibids
- Quibids offers an extremely high volume of penny auctions daily like DealDash.
- Quibids is considered as “safe” as DealDash in that shipping is cheap/free, most auctions are ‘buy it’ and their reputation is great (relative to other penny auction sites.
- Quibids and DealDash offer many of the same types of auctions (product selection)
- Quibids and DealDash both support new bidders/beginners with lower competition auctions.
Why DealDash is not Like Quibids
The main difference between DealDash and Quibids has to do with the price of bids. Quibids is known for almost never offering discount bids. DealDash on the other hand, frequently offers large discounts on bid packages. We’re not sure whether this is a plus or minus, but it is a difference.
DealDash has Buy It auctions where auction losers can get all their lost bids (for a given auction) replenished if they pay for the item at retail value.
Auto-bidding on DealDash
BidBuddy is the name of DealDash’s auto-bidding tool. On DealDash, BidBuddy is initiated by entering the number of bids and hitting ‘start’ (no start and stop points are needed). The tool will then place bids for you in the final few seconds of the auction.
- When it bids: During the last few seconds of the auction
- How many bids can it place per campaign: No limits
- How many can be set simultaneously: Any number
- Can it be deactivated? Yes
- Restrictions: None
- Try BidBuddy
DealDash User Ratings and Reviews
Submit your review
Thank you for all the comments. I read them and I will not return to deal Dash.
Today Dec. 17 2018, received e mail from Deal dash showing treasure chests. Three chances to win free prize. Checked one--sorry two sorry-- three Win free I phone. check here to continue. One dollar then enter credit card info. then had fraud alert from credit card co A charge of 39.99 had been charged a escort and dating service. Contacted deal dash who informed me about how secure there site is. No remark about the scam that had just been pulled on me. Maybe Later!!!
Huge Scam, Seller are bidding on there own items to drive the price up. Watch and you will see the same people winning the same products or bidding on th esame products over and over. It is a complete scam do not waste your time or money.. This should be shut down...
Figure it out folks. Find auction at $100. Thats 10,000 cents. At 14 cents per bid with 100 people bidding (a real number) that's $14.00 per second times 10,000 seconds, so they made $140,000 on that item. And you can only win if everyone else gives up. It's nothing less than gambling and it should be shut down. The odds make Vegas look like a great deal.
It's very obvious that Deal Dash has no real concern for the same people winning auction after auction and selling the products. They say they will cancel the bidder, but lets it happen all day long. The same bidders keep winning the big auctions and specific items over and over. You have to get to recognize the dealers and keep away. Problem is, they win cheap that way. So unfair.
Scam.. Not only that but recently I was on craigslist looking at a product to find out the person was affiliated with dealdash stating how i could go myself there and bid. What a crock!!!.. Yah, got taken by the scam myself. like many others.
Bid on 3 items. Lost all 3 auctions, one of which was down to 4 bidders and was supposed to be locked on new bidders, yet one bidder that started bidding at the beginning of the auction joined back in on the bidding 45 minutes after the No New Bidders. Expensive lesson! I will never go to this site again. Back to EBAY where you can bid for nothing and if you loose the auction, it costs you nothing.
This is the best way to describe DealDash, its like a whos got the bigger d*ck? competition between two bidders. If you know how to bid early, then disappear until only 2 bidders remain before jumping back in, then the rest is just a bigger d*ck competition. You will post your bids vs the other bidders bids until one if you tap out. DealDash is there to see you the measuring sticks in this competition, those being the bids. And they make a ton of money doing it. At an average cost of .12 per bid, when a vacation sells for $1,000, that mean 100,000 bids were placed, that means DealDash grossed $12,000 and gave away a value of maybe $3,000 and they profit the extra $9,000. So is it a scam? You can win real things at a good price, but at the end of the day, the House always wins.
Love this website I at least bid once a day. I'm on a streak. I also review the products after receiving them. You get free bids when you fill out your profile, bid at least once a day, leave product reviews, level up, I think you also receive free bids when you download the app.(Correct me if I'm wrong) etc. you also receive achievements called badges. The customer service is better than Amazon. You can Facebook message them and they respond quickly. Great great auction site and I'm going to warn ya. VERY ADDICTING. Please if you have an addictive personality I would not recommend this website.
I played Dealdash and quit because I realized I was being screwed by paying 15.00$ for every 1.00$ bid.
Dealdash makes out like a bandit when they get you into auto bid for buying there junk. So you think your getting a deal"LOL, better to ask "who is getting the deal" it ain't you.
To pay $15.00, "that's 15.00 X 100 X 0.15 = $225.00 for something worth $100.00
Just to to say you payed $15.00 dollars for there junk " no you didn't" you payed $225.00, no wonder shipping is always free.
"Sucker" just keep on bidding.
the only reason I give a 2 star rating is because I was refunded
Love DealDash? Join the DealDash affiliate program.