DealDash is a US-based penny auction website which was founded in 2009. This is one of the longest-running and largest penny auction websites (similar in size to Quibids) operating in the US today. It should also be noted that DealDash purchased the domain Swoopo.com in 2012. Prior to going out of business, Swoopo was a dominant penny auction operating in Europe.
DealDash is a low-frill penny auction giant which seems to offer a greater volume of auctions that almost any other penny auction website. The member-base of this auction site is also very large and easily supports the number of auctions which they offer. At a glance, DealDash offers incredible product variety, auction frequency and ships everything free all-the-time (which we really like)!
DealDash Auction Features
As we mentioned, DealDash is a low-frill auction meaning that there aren’t many gimmicks. The only special auction type they really offer are the ‘No Jumper’ auctions which help limit competition. With a No Jumper auction, bidding is closed to new bidders once the auction reaches a certain price. This prevents spoilers from entering auctions that have been running a long time.
Common DealDash Auction Products
- TV Auctions (LED, LCD, Plasma, 3DHD, etc.)
- Tablets (iPad, Samsung, etc.)
- Gift Cards (all varieties of restaurants, gas cards, Amazon, etc.)
- Camping and Outdoor (survival tools, sleeping bags, metal detectors, etc.)
- Tools (drills, saws, etc.)
- Small Home Appliances (deep fryers, bread makers, compact refrigerators, etc.)
- Fitness (running shoes, dumbbells, racing bikes, etc.)
- Toys, Kids & Baby (cribs, bounce houses, LEGO’s, etc. )
- Appliances (small kitchen appliances, dishwashers, refrigerators, stoves, etc.)
- Cameras (SLR’s, underwater cameras, etc.)
- Bid packages
DealDash Shipping and Fees
One thing that we love about DealDash (and Quibids) is free shipping! DealDash.com ships winning for free on all auctions in the continental USA. They do not provide shipping to Hawaii, Alaska or outside of the USA. Free shipping is rare in the penny auction world!
Is Deal dash a Scam?
DealDash has a great BBB rating (A+) and is accredited. They have a very good reputation in the industry for making good on won auctions, providing good customer service and having a generous refund policy. They appear to be extremely open in the operating practices. We don’t see any reason to call Deal Dash a scam.
DealDash Pros and Cons
- DealDash Pros: Lots of auctions, great product variety, free shipping, No Jumper auctions
- DealDash Cons: Lots of bidders and competition can be rough sometimes
Dealdash is not a marketplace where you can sell on. All items on Dealdash.com are sold by dealdash at this time. Sorry 🙂
Many consumers turn to Yahoo for reviews on DealDash. If you’d like to see Yahoo reviews of Dealdash, please do so. We always recommend reading reviews before bidding.
The cost of participating in penny auctions DealDash.com is comprised of a few things.
- Cost of bids: How much did you spend on bid packages while bidding?
- Cost of the closed auction: If you won, how much was the final closing price?
- Shipping Costs: What were the costs of shipping?
If you do not win an auction, you can get your bids back, by taking advantage of the “Buy It Now” option.
For example: If you bid 100 times on a $50 Walmart Gift Card and don’t win, you can just buy the item for $50 and get all your bids back for free. You can now re-use your bids to try to win another auction!
The bid price may change daily depending on the active offers. Make sure to check out the current offer often, not to miss out on the cheapest days.
Let’s face it. DealDash is the monster penny auction that we all suspect it is. There’s a million things that we love about DealDash (free shipping, no jumper auctions, tons of product, etc.) but there’s also something we don’t!
How do you Get Free Bids for DealDash?
On sign-up DealDash rarely hooks new bidders up with free bids. However, once you’re a member, there are a few ways to get free bids on DealDash.
- Get DealDash free bids on facebook: Once you’ve won a DealDash auction and have received your bounty, take a picture and share it on their facebook page to get hooked up with free bids.
- Buy It: Let’s say you’re too deep in an auction and want to bail. Consider buying the item at the buy it price and dealdash with refund your bids. We consider these to be ‘free bids’ because you would lose them otherwise.
- Free bids faster: Each time you are the highest bidder, your bidder bar fills up. When the bar is full, you can claim your free bids and your level goes up. During “Free bids faster” promotions the bar fills up faster, meaning that you will earn the next level and the free bids faster!
We often get asked the question, “Which penny auctions sites are like DealDash?”. Our answer, Quibids!
Why DealDash is Similar to Quibids
- Quibids offers an extremely high volume of penny auctions daily like DealDash.
- Quibids is considered as “safe” as DealDash in that shipping is cheap/free, most auctions are ‘buy it’ and their reputation is great (relative to other penny auction sites.
- Quibids and DealDash offer many of the same types of auctions (product selection)
- Quibids and DealDash both support new bidders/beginners with lower competition auctions.
Why DealDash is not Like Quibids
The main difference between DealDash and Quibids has to do with the price of bids. Quibids is known for almost never offering discount bids. DealDash on the other hand, frequently offers large discounts on bid packages. We’re not sure whether this is a plus or minus, but it is a difference.
Auto-bidding on DealDash
BidBuddy is the name of DealDash’s auto-bidding tool. On DealDash, BidBuddy is initiated by entering the number of bids and hitting ‘start’ (no start and stop points are needed). The tool will then place bids for you in the final few seconds of the auction.
- When it bids: During the last few seconds of the auction
- How many bids can it place per campaign: No limits
- How many can be set simultaneously: Any number
- Can it be deactivated? Yes
- Restrictions: None
- Try BidBuddy
PENNY AUCTION COMPARISON TABLE
|Website||Editor's Rating||Type||Best Features|
|Review Coming Soon||E-commerce||Huge online marketplace, many perks with prime membership including 2-day free shipping||@amazon|
|Read Review||Penny Auction||Many auctions available from TV's to home appliances, featuring beginner auctions, free shipping, good reputation.||@dealdash|
|Read Review||Free Auction||Largest marketplace to find online auctions, with many categories, offers buy it now and promotions||@ebay|
|Read Review||Free Auction,|
|Offers products across all categories, similar to eBay, less expensive for sellers so slightly lower prices.||@bonanza|
|Read Review||Penny Auction||Always free shipping. You can earn free bids by referring friends and family.||@centbids|
|Read Review||Paid Auction||Gold auctions free bids with seat auctions starting at $1, “Take My Profits” option to cash out.||@goldiq|
|Read Review||Free Auction||Many auctions are available in all categories, unique product offering.||@ebid|
|Read Review||Free Auction, |
|Offers vacation & travel auctions, excellent Deal of the Day section with unique buy it now offers.||@ubid|
|Read Review||Free Auction||Steal of the Day section, various categories with authentic police seized, stolen, abandoned and surplus goods.||@propertyroom|
|Read Review||Penny Auction||Special events to win extra bids, prizes, or other incentives, shipping is free, refer-a-friend program to earn free bids.||@orangebidz|
|Read Review||Penny Auction, |
|Free shipping on almost everything, auctions available in many categories laptops and tablets to purses and jewelry.||@quibids|
|Read Review||Free Auction, |
|Various product categories from jewelry to electronics featuring high paced auctions, with Buy It Now options.||@tophatter|
|Read Review||Penny Auction, |
|Primabids store where you can buy it now, winners can re-sell products which they’ve won, gift cards, games, and many other products.||@primabids|
|Read Review||Penny Auction||Beginner Auctions, buy it auctions, offers auctions in many categories and discounts for new bidders.||@wellbid|
|Read Review||Free Auction||Offers government Auction information for thousands of yearly government auctions, bank foreclosure, car, truck, and other automobile auctions||@policeauctions|
DealDash User Ratings and Reviews
Submit your review
I've used the site almost from the beginning and have many things. Many people have issues because they don't learn how to be the most effective on auction sites, and it takes some skills to win. I enjoy playing and will continue to do so.
I love DealDash! I've won a lot of things, and gotten a few of my loved ones hooked as well. I won a kamikoto knife for less than 70 cents with bids I got for free. If i were to list all the great deals, this review would turn in to a novel! DealDash isnt like some of the other sites. I feel like they are a great company with amazing customer service. The only complaint I have (have ever had actually) is the way certain members take away the fun lately. They win all the auctions. They have multiple accounts (like arranging a few letters of their screen name or some just add some numbers) it makes if very hard to win anymore. After have only one or two small item wins after spending like a hundred the hubby doesn't let me play as much. So if you are new, look at all the product wins and the prices. Study the other shoppers. You will find out real quick some shoppers are impossible to beat : ( if it werent for other people takimg the fun out of it, 5 stars all the way
I start using DealDash on April 2015. I have won many auctions and lost just as many. But I believe they are a fair and honest bidding site. In fact I may even be addicted to bidding. But I enjoy every minute I spend on it. If I had problems they alway resolves them. They have many ways of getting bids, like the weekly challenge. So for that and many other reason I will always be a DealDasher for life.
Been on DealDash since 2013. Have won over 8,000 auctions. Great selection of merchandise and has one of the best customer service teams anywhere. Give it a try. Just stay within your budget and get to know the power bidders.
Exciting, Fun, and the most reasonable. Give it a try. While some may think it's a scam, like any other bidding, it's a chance for something you want as cheaply as you can get away with. Patience, observance, and knowing when to quit. You can win too.
I love deal dash. Great deals often and customer service is awsome. Sometimes i lose but that's the name of the game. I know it's a possibility going in. The deals outway the loses.
DD has pretty low reviews on reddit but I think the site is pretty straight forward. It's a bit of a risk bidding but that's what makes it fun.
Great site as far as penny auctions go.
plenty of online auctions, but a bit too much competition. still, on the best remaining penny auctions.
Thank you for all the comments. I read them and I will not return to deal Dash.