DealDash is a US-based penny auction website which was founded in 2009. This is one of the longest-running and largest penny auction websites (much larger in size than e.g. Quibids) operating in the US today. These online auctions always start at $0.00 and the price goes up by 1¢ when someone places a bid. Once no one decides to place a bid in 10 seconds after the previous one, the auction ends.
- Website: www.DealDash.com
- Shipping: Always free
- DealDash Coupon Code for 100 free bids with first bid pack purchase: best-penny
- Other ways to get free bids: Promotions, contests, levelling up, daily challenges
- Open: Online only, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with thousands of auctions starting every week
- DealDash Address: 11670 Fountains Drive, Suite 200, Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Phone number: (855) 455-3325
- Facebook: Facebook.com/DealDash
- Twitter: Twitter.com/DealDash
- BBB Rating: A+
- SiteJabber rating: 4.29 / 5 stars
DealDash is a low-frill penny auction giant which seems to offer a greater volume of auctions that almost any other penny auction website. The member-base of this auction site is also very large and easily supports the number of auctions which they offer. At a glance, DealDash offers incredible product variety, auction frequency and ships everything free all-the-time (which we really like)!
DealDash Auction Features
There are many ways DealDash auctions are more interesting and a better shopping experience than any of their competition. DealDash has been developing new and exciting features in the past years and at the time of writing they are:
- Win discounts – 50% to 90% off from the final auction win price for the winner.
- Free bids – Reach the next level to get free bids. Extra bids from Milestone levels. These Time as Highest Bidder multipliers make it a breeze to get to the next level!
- Auction leaderboards – Place in the Top-3 most Time as Highest Bidder in an auction to get bids back
- Auction blasts – Dozens of auctions starting at the same time
- No Jumper auctions – No new bidders can join auctions after $3. There should be less competition in these auctions
- Mystery auctions – The auctioned item is revealed only 5 minutes before the auction starts.
- Buy It Now (BIN) discounts – Placing second is no problem! Buy the item for half the price and get your bids back to be used in future auctions.
- No re-entry auctions – Bids can only be placed using BidBuddy. After the No Jumper limit is reached, bidders who do not have a BidBuddy booked (or run out) cannot re-enter the auction.
Common DealDash Auction Products
- TV Auctions (LED, LCD, Plasma, UHD, 4K, etc.)
- Tablets (iPad, Samsung, etc.)
- Apple devices (iPhones, MacBooks)
- Gift Cards (all varieties of restaurants, gas cards, Amazon, etc.)
- Camping and Outdoor (survival tools, sleeping bags, metal detectors, etc.)
- Tools (drills, saws, etc.)
- Liquidation items
- Small Home Appliances (deep fryers, bread makers, compact refrigerators, etc.)
- Fitness (running shoes, dumbbells, racing bikes, etc.)
- Toys, Kids & Baby (cribs, bounce houses, LEGO’s, etc. )
- Appliances (small kitchen appliances, dishwashers, refrigerators, stoves, etc.)
- Cameras (SLR’s, underwater cameras, etc.)
- Bid packs
DealDash Shipping and Fees
One thing that we love about DealDash (unlike Quibids) is free shipping! DealDash.com ships winning for free on all auctions in the continental USA. They do not provide shipping to Hawaii, Alaska or outside of the USA. Free shipping is rare in the penny auction world! This free shipping is also included in auctions if you use the Buy It Now feature.
What does Buy It Now (BIN) mean in online auctions?
If you don’t end up being the final bidder in a DealDash auction you can pay the listed price for the auctioned item to get it sent to you. The bids you placed in the auction are returned to you and you can use them in future auctions. This Buy It Now option is one of the cornerstones of DealDash auctions.
Is Deal dash a Scam?
DealDash has a great BBB rating (A+) and is accredited. They have a very good reputation in the industry for making good on won auctions, providing good customer service and having a generous refund policy. They appear to be extremely open in the operating practices. There seems to be no reason to call Deal Dash a scam.
DealDash Pros and Cons
- DealDash Pros: Lots of auctions, great product variety, free shipping, No Jumper auctions and other features that make it exciting
- DealDash Cons: As it’s so popular, there’s lots of bidders!
DealDash Across Platforms
DealDash Across Platforms – where can you find DealDash?
DealDash is known for its user-friendly site, which offers deals on bids for auctions and opportunities to save money. It’s free to sign up and shipping is always free on the items you win and buy. What more could you ask for?
Well, there are also all of the DealDash reviews.
DealDash reviews exist across multiple third-party platforms, ensuring that you know people are genuinely enjoying the service. You can find DealDash reviews across platforms such as the Better Business Bureau, Trustpilot, Apple App Store, and other third-party sources.
But did you know that you can also find DealDash in multiple places too?
DealDash itself has plenty of content out there on the internet to provide engagement to its user base. Where else can you find DealDash? Other than finding them over here at bestpennyauctions.org, here are some places you can find DealDash (and maybe even some DealDash reviews) and the content they produce.
Do you like challenges? Then you just may want to check out DealDash’s YouTube channel. They post content featuring unique themed video challenges that their users are able to participate in. Clips are featured in each video of real DealDash customers sharing their experiences.
DealDashTips.com is a DealDash-sponsored blog that provides tips and information about DealDash auctions. The posts are all written by real DealDash customers. The opinions and advice shared through the blogs represent the views of customers rather than the company. As well, they also have their own DealDash reviews sections breaking down the important information about the company and how it all works.
DealDash is perhaps America’s most popular penny auction websites where you can sign up for free and begin placing bids on auctions. They feature regular deals on their homepage as well as all the content you need to get yourself started. It’s also the go-to place to get in contact with customer service if you need help with anything related to your DealDash experience.
There’s no catch when it comes to DealDash. At DealDash, we’re upfront about everything. There’s no cost to join other than having to purchase bids in advance, in order to take part in auctions. All auctions start at zero dollars, and with every bid, the amount is raised by only $.01, resetting the timer to 10 seconds. The last bidder wins the auction when time runs out. Bids typically cost up to $0.20 each, although they often go on sale for even less, around $0.15-$0.12! Bid packs are also regularly put on auction, meaning you can save a lot of money on potentially hundreds of bids with DealDash. There are no hidden fees, and shipping is always free!, so there are plenty of ways to make sure you get the most out of DealDash. Still not happy? Our customer service team is available 24/7 via chat, email, or phone. We’re dedicated to making sure you’re happy – no catch!
Unequivocally, DealDash is NOT a ripoff! DealDash ensures that even if you don’t win an auction, you won’t walk away empty-handed, unlike some other online auction sites! If you just want to try DealDash out, you have a 100%, no questions asked, money-back guarantee on your first purchased bid pack if you aren’t satisfied with the service. So you can try DealDash out risk-free. But what if you lose a bid? No fear: if you really love a product, you can buy it for its listed “Buy it Now” price and have all of your bids returned to you. Not to mention most auctions on DealDash end at a deeply discounted prices, so you know you’re getting a good deal.
Dealdash is not a marketplace where you can sell on. All items on Dealdash.com are sold by dealdash at this time. Sorry 🙂
Many consumers turn to Yahoo for reviews on DealDash. If you’d like to see Yahoo reviews of Dealdash, please do so. We always recommend reading reviews before bidding.
The cost of participating in penny auctions DealDash.com is comprised of a few things.
- Cost of bids: How much did you spend on bid packages while bidding?
- Cost of the closed auction: If you won, how much was the final closing price?
- Shipping Costs: What were the costs of shipping? On DealDash shipping is always free and there are no hidden fees once you’ve paid for your bids and the auction win.
Click here to read more about the math behind DealDash.
If you do not win an auction, you can get your bids back, by taking advantage of the “Buy It Now” option.
For example: If you bid 100 times on a $50 Walmart Gift Card and don’t win, you can just buy the item for $50 and get all your bids back for free. You can now re-use your bids to try to win another auction!
The bid price may change daily depending on the active offers. Make sure to check out the current offer often, not to miss out on the cheapest days.
Let’s face it. DealDash is the monster penny auction that we all suspect it is. There’s a million things that we love about DealDash (free shipping, no jumper auctions, tons of product, etc.) but there’s also something we don’t!
How do you Get Free Bids for DealDash?
On sign-up DealDash rarely hooks new bidders up with free bids. However, once you’re a member, there are a few ways to get free bids on DealDash.
- Get DealDash free bids on facebook: Once you’ve won a DealDash auction and have received your bounty, take a picture and share it on their facebook page to get hooked up with free bids.
- Buy It: Let’s say you’re too deep in an auction and want to bail. Consider buying the item at the buy it price and dealdash with refund your bids. We consider these to be ‘free bids’ because you would lose them otherwise.
- Free bids faster: Each time you are the highest bidder, your bidder bar fills up. When the bar is full, you can claim your free bids and your level goes up. During “Free bids faster” promotions the bar fills up faster, meaning that you will earn the next level and the free bids faster!
We often get asked the question, “Which penny auctions sites are like DealDash?”. Our answer, Quibids!
Why DealDash is Similar to Quibids
- Quibids offers an extremely high volume of penny auctions daily like DealDash.
- Quibids is considered as “safe” as DealDash in that shipping is cheap/free, most auctions are ‘buy it’ and their reputation is great (relative to other penny auction sites.
- Quibids and DealDash offer many of the same types of auctions (product selection)
- Quibids and DealDash both support new bidders/beginners with lower competition auctions.
Why DealDash is not Like Quibids
The main difference between DealDash and Quibids has to do with the price of bids. Quibids is known for almost never offering discount bids. DealDash on the other hand, frequently offers large discounts on bid packages. We’re not sure whether this is a plus or minus, but it is a difference.
DealDash has Buy It auctions where auction losers can get all their lost bids (for a given auction) replenished if they pay for the item at retail value.
Auto-bidding on DealDash
BidBuddy is the name of DealDash’s auto-bidding tool. On DealDash, BidBuddy is initiated by entering the number of bids and hitting ‘start’ (no start and stop points are needed). The tool will then place bids for you in the final few seconds of the auction.
- When it bids: During the last few seconds of the auction
- How many bids can it place per campaign: No limits
- How many can be set simultaneously: Any number
- Can it be deactivated? Yes
- Restrictions: None
- Try BidBuddy
PENNY AUCTION COMPARISON TABLE
|Website||Editor's Rating||Type||Best Features|
|Read Review||Penny Auction||Many auctions available from TV's to home appliances, featuring beginner auctions, free shipping, great reputation.||@dealdash|
|Review Coming Soon||E-commerce||Huge online marketplace, many perks with prime membership including 2-day free shipping||@amazon|
|Read Review||Free Auction||Largest marketplace to find online auctions, with many categories, offers buy it now and promotions||@ebay|
|Read Review||Free Auction,|
|Offers products across all categories, similar to eBay, less expensive for sellers so slightly lower prices.||@bonanza|
|Read Review||Penny Auction||Always free shipping. You can earn free bids by referring friends and family.||@centbids|
|Read Review||Free Auction||Many auctions are available in all categories, unique product offering.||@ebid|
|Read Review||Free Auction, |
|Offers vacation & travel auctions, excellent Deal of the Day section with unique buy it now offers.||@ubid|
|Read Review||Free Auction||Steal of the Day section, various categories with authentic police seized, stolen, abandoned and surplus goods.||@propertyroom|
|Read Review||Penny Auction||Special events to win extra bids, prizes, or other incentives, shipping is free, refer-a-friend program to earn free bids.||@orangebidz|
|Read Review||Penny Auction, |
|Free shipping on almost everything, auctions available in many categories laptops and tablets to purses and jewelry.||@quibids|
|Read Review||Free Auction, |
|Various product categories from jewelry to electronics featuring high paced auctions, with Buy It Now options.||@tophatter|
|Read Review||Penny Auction, |
|Primabids store where you can buy it now, winners can re-sell products which they’ve won, gift cards, games, and many other products.||@primabids|
|Read Review||Penny Auction||Beginner Auctions, buy it auctions, offers auctions in many categories and discounts for new bidders.||@wellbid|
|Read Review||Free Auction||Offers government Auction information for thousands of yearly government auctions, bank foreclosure, car, truck, and other automobile auctions||@policeauctions|
Is DealDash Legit?
To conclude, it’s easy to understand why so many newcomers to DealDash arrive with a healthy dose of skepticism and pose the question: Is DealDash legit?
The internet can often feel like a wilderness, and anyone who spends enough time online, especially shopping, quickly learns that many businesses don’t care about customer service — and some of them are just plain fraudulent.
But to the question — Is DealDash legit? — we can safely answer “yes.” DealDash wouldn’t be the most popular bidding fee auction site if it didn’t offer real products won in real auctions. While the learning curve may be steep for some, that doesn’t mean that the site lacks opportunities for dedicated auction lovers.
The company’s accreditation, generally positive reviews and its dedicated community of users suggest that DealDash has worked hard to gain and keep the trust of its customers. If the question is whether DealDash supports users and offers real opportunities of saving money on big-ticket items, the answer is yes: DealDash is legit.
What else should you know about DealDash?
Let’s say you decide you want to check out DealDash and you decide to make an account. What’s the most pertinent information you need to know?
Let’s explore some of the most asked questions we receive about DealDash:
Where can you see account details?
You can find any account details, manage payment information, and update your bidder bio all from the dashboard on the main website.
How to better prepare yourself to win auctions?
- Only bid on items you really want
- Focus on one auction at a time, doing too much is distracting
- Decide in advance how many bids you’re willing to use in the auction
- Use Buy it Now if you don’t win to get your bids back and the item too
- Set a budget and stick to it so you don’t lose out
Is it possible to get free bids?
DealDash offers free bids to reward its customers and provide a thank you for using the site/app. Users can earn some bids easily through the following ways:
You can increase your Bidder Level by holding Time as the Highest Bidder, earning yourself a bonus.
Users can earn a daily bid reward by bidding every day.
Featured promotions allow users to participate and earn free bids.
Users have the option to exchange items won for bids.
Users can win Bid Pack auctions to get bargain-priced bids.
Users are also encouraged to be social through campaigns on Facebook and YouTube where users can share their stories and earn free bids.
If you happen to win, when do orders ship?
DealDash pledges to ship as soon as possible, typically within 2-5 business days after receiving orders. However, this may vary based on the item supplier. Once orders have shipped, delivery time can take between 5-10 business days.
The DealDash customer service team is available 24/7 and is open to helping you with anything. And they really mean anything.
With the wealth of information out there about DealDash, you can trust some of these sources as well as the customer reviews about the popular penny auction website. It is the mission of DealDash to make sure its users have good reason to leave their stellar reviews regarding the company’s service.
Reviewing careers at DealDash
DealDash wants to make your career wishes come true, and this starts with our #DealDash team. You’ve seen the reviews from our customers but let’s take a moment to review a little bit more about the DealDash team!
International team members
At DealDash, we believe an international and culturally diverse environment is vital. The staff at DealDash include people from over a dozen nationalities spread across 8 countries.
DealDash employees are empowered
You’ve likely seen our rave reviews about DealDash’s excellent customer service. That’s because DealDash puts a lot of trust in passionate people! The best way to support our employees in their efforts is to enable them to have autonomy, ownership, and their own unique voice.
There is virtually no hierarchy
DealDash believes in a culture of free and open communication, where our employees are able to forget about hierarchy and focus on being an active participant in development, regardless of their position. DealDash operates with the understanding that customer loyalty goes both ways!
Customers always come first
Here’s a quick review of DealDash’s ideal employee traits:
- Pride in going above and beyond for the customer
- Treat the customer as you would want to be treated
- Talk, listen, and understand the customer. All team members speak with customers every week.
- Never take the customer for granted.
- Be who you are, but always aspire to be the best.
- Willing to learn new skills and find unique ways to reach your goal.
- Be ambitious, take risks, and exude confidence.
- Don’t be afraid to learn from mistakes.
Taking ownership of your position
- Remember, employees are a part of the DealDash company!
- Take ownership and initiative, take action to create whatever is missing to fix what’s broken.
- It’s the results that matter, not really the method. DealDash trusts its employees to make the right decisions along the way.
- Everyone makes mistakes. Just own up to them.
- Lead by example and act with integrity.
Step up to the challenge
- DealDash wants our employees to be visionaries, leaders who think beyond the boundaries and find ways to reinvent the rules.
- Be open-minded and creative. Don’t be afraid to try out new things.
- Question the conventional ways of doing things, it pays off to be unique. There’s always a smarter way to get better results.
Results are data-driven
- DealDash expects its employees to make informed decisions and validate their opinions with the results.
- However, never let data restrict your creativity, it’s just a guide. Be data-driven, not data-obsessed.
- Data is available for all DealDash employees. Our team is open and transparent. DealDash collaborates and shares information with its employees.
- All decisions are made transparently aided by data.
Don’t think a career at DealDash is worthwhile? Let’s see what some of our customers think about our customer service:
“I have been a bidder with DealDash for 10 years. While there have been a few shopping, or order issues. I can say with a high level of respect that the customer service team is extremely responsive, professional, and have always resolved any issues, or concerns. Thank you DealDash” – thevikes
“I have been a member of DealDash since 2012, I have had so much fun! Not much to complain about in all that time, they excel in Customer Service and that means so much. I have had few problems but they were handled to my satisfaction and who could ask for more than that. There are a lot more bidders today than when I first started which makes it more difficult to win but it’s still fun and when I get a little extra money I usually share it with Dealdash!” – Carol
DealDash User Ratings and Reviews
The reviews below were submitted by users, and solely reflect the views of the individuals who submitted them.
Submit your review
When I first heard about DealDash(DD), I thought it was the most exciting thing ever and couldn't wait to get home to sign up and try it.
When I did, I did find that to be able to actually win an auction, there is a steep learning curve and quickly burned through the initial bids I was given.
But after taking some time to learn and be patient and start with the smaller ticket items, my confidence is building up and I now find myself clicking on the app more often.
I really love the app and as a fellow developer, I can reall appreciate the work put into making something like it and I have had NO issues whatsoever while using the app or the website itself 🙂
I've been on Dealdash for several years and I continue to place bids each and every day. The site is very user friendly, self explanatory and I have won dozens of auctions and never paid more than a couple of dollars for my wins. 10/10
Have won few great electronic items. Its a good auction site.
I've got no complaints about DealDash. It's part of my morning coffee routine, and I like a little competition. Plus everything I have won is exactly as pictured, so it keeps me coming back day after day. A great way to kill some time and take a break from work when you need it.
I have been on this site for years. It is addicting in a good way. The products are of great quality, and you can't beat free shipping.
I love looking at the great products and deals they have. You never know when you might win.
Good deals and lots of fun
I was skeptical but after several years I still bid daily on something. It is competitive and at the same time I have gotten some excellent deals on top quality products. I have tried other sutras but always come back to Deal Dash.
My experience on DealDash has always been positive, I’m a daily DealDasher for at least 6 years now, I have won amazing things that are worth so much more money than what I pay for it on DealDash, everything is the best quality, top customer service. And highly recommend it to my friends and colleagues.
I have been a DealDash member for over 8 years and have loved every minute of it. I have won countless great items at amazing prices, and each win has been a special experience. The quality of the items is always top-notch, and I have never had any problems with shipping or customer service. I highly recommend DealDash to anyone looking for a fun and easy way to save money on great products. Love DealDash.