Beezid is a Canada-based mid-sized penny auction website which has become one of the better known in the USA. After purchasing Skoreit.com in 2012, Beezid showed signs of significant growth by increasing market-share. On the whole, Beezid is a fairly competitive penny auction, offering a good variety of high-end products, a great bidding experience and lots of deals on bid packages.
- Website: www.Beezid.com
- Competition level: Medium
- Beezid coupon code: None needed, all new members get this deal.
- Free bids on sign-up: 50
- Other ways to get free bids: Facebook, contests, periodic promotions.
- Beezid address: 361 Boul Montpellier, St Laurent, QC H4N 2G6
- Phone number: 877-4-BEEZID
- Facebook page: facebook.com/TheBeezid
- BBB Rating: Under Review
Beezid.com is by far the best designed penny auction websites that we’ve seen! While this doesn’t make it the best penny auction to bid on, it does make for a nice bidding experience. Upon sign-up, Beezid.com offers 50 free bids if you purchase a bid package on your first visit.
Once you load-up on Beezid bids, the auctions are fairly easy to navigate and we find that, in general, the completion is fairly reasonable. As with many of the other reputable penny auctions, Beezid does offer the Buy It feature on most auctions. On Beezid, bidders are given a full bid refund for any auctions paid for using Buy It (similar to HappyBidDay’s Buy It feature).
A feature which we are particularly keen to on Beezid is their ‘Remind’ feature for penny auctions. Since Beezid doesn’t offer nearly the same volume as Quibids, DealDash or HappyBidDay, they do offer bidders the ability to receive email reminders when particular products go on auction. This feature is something that is unique to Beezid but we feel is critical, especially because it’s always a bummer to get stuck with a bunch of bids on an auction site with no auctions of interest.
Beezid Auction Types
- Cherry auctions – beginner penny auctions, open only to bidders with fewer than 1 win
- Turbo auctions – fast-paced auctions with additional snipers available
- Thriller auctions – real-time bidding only, no AutoBeezids allowed
- Trophy auctions – winning bidder gets 100% of their bids back
- Price freeze auctions – final auction price is frozen
- Bids back auctions – EVERYONE gets their bids back, win or lose
- Balloon auctions – products get better as bidding occurs
- Ghost auctions – you can’t see who your bidding against (careful with these!)
- Many others…
Types of Beezid Auctions
- Gift cards
- SLR cameras
- Sporting goods
- Home goods
- Flat screen TVs
- Movies and games
- Celebrities: That’s right, Beezid now hosts auctions where the winner can hang out with select celebrities. Hmmm…
Beezid Bid Types
Beezid has a bit of a complicated bid structure so we wanted to review all the differen bid types for you.
- Regular Bids: Regular bids are what they sound, regular bought bids (puchased in the form a bid pack)
- Bonus Bids: Bonus bids are awarded during special promotional offers. The easiest way to think of them is as having the value of 1/5 of a Regular Bid and can only be used on certain auction types (the system will automatically apply them as you bid on these auctions).
- Promo Bids: The same as Regular Bids except that they expire and that they are automatically used first if you have them. Promo bids are given any time the King feel generous (just kidding, there are a bunch of ways to get promo bids).
- Win Bids: Win bids are given to you if DON’T win an auction after purchasing your first bid package. It’s Beezids way of making sure you win an auction and these can be used as you please until you win (at which time they disappear).
Beezid Shipping Costs
Beezid is one of the many penny auctions who still charge for shipping (exception: occasional free shipping promotions). Shipping charges are clearly displayed at the bottom of each auction page.
Is Beezid.com a Scam?
We don’t think so. Beezid has a good reputation for shipping won items and hosting honorable auctions (no shill bidding). Nothing indicates that Beezid is a scam.
Beezid Pros and Cons
- Pros: Fun site, free bids for signing-up, remind feature, good product variety
- Cons: Not quite as many auctions as we’d like to see
Auto-bidding on Beezid
AutoBeezid is the name of one of Beezid.com’s automated bidding tools. Like HappybidDay, AutoBeezid is started when a user enters in a ‘bid from’ (the price at which it will turn on) amount, a ‘bid to’ (the price at which it will turn off) amount and the total number of bids to book.
- When it bids: During the final few seconds
- How many bids can it place per campaign: Varies but usually 50-100 bids per campaign
- How many can be set simultaneously: No restrictions
- Can it be deactivated? Yes
- Restrictions: None
- Try AutoBeezid
BeezidSniper is Beezid’s other auto-bid tool. The reason BeezidSniper was put into place is to account for the fact that many bidders would miss out with AutoBeezid because the ‘bid from’ price was never met. With snipers, the bidder simply determines the number of bids to place and Beezid will place them at any price, as long as the auction gets down to just a few seconds.
- When it bids: During the last 3 seconds
- How many bids can it place per campaign: Up to 10 bids except during turbo auctions where it’s 20 bids (this is noted on each auction page)
- How many can be set simultaneously: Any number
- Can it be deactivated? Yes
- Restrictions: None
- Try BeezidSniper
Posted in: Beezid FAQs
Beezid.com Reviews from Bidders
Submit your review
Beezid used to have more auctions than they do. this is still my fav but it seems like they are getting cheap on the auctions and competition is getting a little tougher.