Beezid.com is by far the best designed penny auction websites that we’ve seen! While this doesn’t make it the best penny auction to bid on, it does make for a nice bidding experience. Upon sign-up, Beezid.com offers 50 free bids if you purchase a bid package on your first visit.
Once you load-up on Beezid bids, the auctions are fairly easy to navigate and we find that, in general, the completion is fairly reasonable. As with many of the other reputable penny auctions, Beezid does offer the Buy It feature on most auctions. On Beezid, bidders are given a full bid refund for any auctions paid for using Buy It (similar to HappyBidDay’s Buy It feature).
A feature which we are particularly keen to on Beezid is their ‘Remind’ feature for penny auctions. Since Beezid doesn’t offer nearly the same volume as Quibids, DealDash or HappyBidDay, they do offer bidders the ability to receive email reminders when particular products go on auction. This feature is something that is unique to Beezid but we feel is critical, especially because it’s always a bummer to get stuck with a bunch of bids on an auction site with no auctions of interest.
Beezid Auction Types
- Cherry auctions – beginner penny auctions, open only to bidders with fewer than 1 win
- Turbo auctions – fast-paced auctions with additional snipers available
- Thriller auctions – real-time bidding only, no AutoBeezids allowed
- Trophy auctions – winning bidder gets 100% of their bids back
- Price freeze auctions – final auction price is frozen
- Bids back auctions – EVERYONE gets their bids back, win or lose
- Balloon auctions – products get better as bidding occurs
- Ghost auctions – you can’t see who you’re bidding against (careful with these!)
- Many others…
Types of Beezid Auctions
- Gift cards
- SLR cameras
- Sporting goods
- Home goods
- Flat screen TVs
- Movies and games
- Celebrities: That’s right, Beezid now hosts auctions where the winner can hang out with select celebrities. Hmmm…
Beezid Bid Types
Beezid has a bit of a complicated bid structure so we wanted to review all the different bid types for you.
- Regular Bids: Regular bids are what they sound, regular bought bids (purchased in the form a bid pack)
- Bonus Bids: Bonus bids are awarded during special promotional offers. The easiest way to think of them is as having the value of 1/5 of a Regular Bid and can only be used on certain auction types (the system will automatically apply them as you bid on these auctions).
- Promo Bids: The same as Regular Bids except that they expire and that they are automatically used first if you have them. Promo bids are given any time the King feel generous (just kidding, there are a bunch of ways to get promo bids).
- Win Bids: Win bids are given to you if DON’T win an auction after purchasing your first bid package. It’s Beezids way of making sure you win an auction and these can be used as you please until you win (at which time they disappear).
Beezid Shipping Costs
Beezid is one of the many penny auctions who still charge for shipping (exception: occasional free shipping promotions). Shipping charges are clearly displayed at the bottom of each auction page.
Is Beezid.com a Scam?
We don’t think so. Beezid has a good reputation for shipping won items and hosting honorable auctions (no shill bidding). Nothing indicates that Beezid is a scam.
Beezid Pros and Cons
- Pros: Fun site, free bids for signing-up, remind feature, good product variety
- Cons: Not quite as many auctions as we’d like to see