UPDATE: BidCactus is now Beezid.
**NOTE**: BidCactus is under re-review due to numerous complaints and reviews (see Bid Cactus user reviews below) from bidders. We strongly recommend you read the BidCactus reviews (submitted by people who claim to be customers) visiting BidCactus or taking part in BidCactus penny auctions!
Disclaimer: This review was written by an independent third party. For any comments or factual corrections, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those interested in more reputable, small-medium penny auctions, we recommend HappyBidDay and OrangeBidz.
BidCactus is an online penny auction website which launched in April of 2009 (one of the oldest penny auction sites still online). BidCactus, like many other penny auction sites, offers no-reserve auctions for brand new merchandise, gift cards and other products. At this time, BidCactus is considered to be a mid-sized penny auction smaller than Quibids and DealDash, but larger and more-established than many of the new penny auction start-ups.
- Website: www.BidCactus.com
- Competition level: Medium
- Bid Cactus coupon code: none needed
- Free bids on sign-up: 0-60 (based on bid package purchased)
- Other ways to get free bids: Facebook, contests, periodic promotions
- BidCactus address: 191 Post Rd W, Westport, CT 06880-4625
- Phone number: (203) 221-2742
- Facebook page: facebook.com/bidcactus
- BidCactus.com Review
- BidCactus BBB Rating: F
was one of our recommendations for beginners
for a couple reasons. First, BidCactus offers two different types of auctions for beginners. The first is called First-timer Auctions
and is reserved for bidders who have never won. The other type of auction for beginners is called Beginner Auctions
and these are reserved for bidders who have less than 5 wins. No other penny auction website that we know of used to cater to beginners as well. In our opinion, separating beginners from expert bidders really levels the playing field.
Secondly, BidCactus used to follow-suite with the other reputable penny auction website in offering Buy It auctions. They implementation of Buy It auctions is similar to Quibids in that the bid value is applied toward the purchase of the auction item.
Bid Cactus Auction Types
- First-timer Auctions- reserved for bidders who have never won an auction
- Beginner Auctions- reserved for bidders with fewer than 5 auction wins
- Expert Auctions- recommended only for expert bidders (careful!)
- Buy It Auctions- auction losers can purchase the auction item and apply the value of spent bids toward the purchase (similar to Quibids)
- No-limit Quickfires- short timer, no win limits (careful!)
- Free to bid auctions- auction winner only pays the final closing price
Types of BidCactus Auction Items
- Bid packages
- Sporting goods (camping, golf, coolers, knives, etc.)
- Video game consoles and video games
- Jewelry (good selection of pendants, earrings, etc.)
- Gift cards
BidCactus Shipping Costs
Bid Cactus charges for shipping/processing on all auctions (exception: periodic free shipping promotions). All shipping charges, terms and conditions are listed on the bottom of each auction page. Note: We’ve had a number of reviews posted by others (see bottom of page) indicating that BidCactus is not shipping won items.
Is BidCactus a Scam?
Due to a BBB rating of ‘F’ and a number of complaints posted by others on this site, we do not recommend BidCactus at this time,
BidCactus.com Pros and Cons
- Pros: Buy It auctions, lots of jewelry, 2 different types of auctions for beginners (this is huge!)
- Cons: Currently, BidCactus is not responding to our inquiring and we’ve received a number of complaints regarding won items not being shipped.
We recommend 2 alternatives to BidCactus, OrgangeBidz and HappyBidDay.