DealDash is a US-based penny auction website which was founded in 2009. This is one of the longest-running and largest penny auction websites operating in the US today. It should also be noted that DealDash purchased the domain Swoopo.com in 2012. Prior to going out of business, Swoopo was a dominant penny auction operating in Europe.
- Website: www.dealdash.com
- Competition Level: Medium
- DealDash Coupon Code: none needed
- Free bids at sign-up: 0
- Other ways to get free bids: Promotions, contests
Phone number: (888) 749-4066
BBB Rating: A-
DealDash is a low-frill penny auction giant which seems to offer a greater volume of auctions that almost any other penny auction website. The member-base of this auction site is also very large and easily supports the number of auctions which they offer. At a glance, DealDash offers incredible product variety, auction frequency and ships everything free all-the-time (which we really like)!
DealDash Auction Features
As we mentioned, DealDash is a low-frill auction meaning that there aren’t many gimmicks. The only special auction type thei really offer are the ‘No Jumper’ auctions which help limit competition. With a No Jumper auction, bidding is closed to new bidders once the auction reaches a certain price. This prevent spoilers from entering auctions that have been running a long time.
Common DealDash Auction Products
- TV auctions (LED, LCD, Plasma, 3DHD, etc.)
- Tablets (iPad, Samsung, etc.)
- Gift cards (all varieties of restaurants, gas cards, Amazon, etc.)
- Campaign and outdoor goods
- Tools (drills, saws, etc.)
- Small home appliances (deep fryers, bread makers, compact refrigerators, etc.)
- Fitness products
- Toys (kids toys)
- Appliances (small kitchen appliances, dishwashers, refrigerators, stoves, etc.)
- High-end cameras (SLR’s, underwater cameras, etc.)
- Bid packages
DealDash Shipping and Fees
One thing that we love about DealDash (and Quibids) is free shipping! DealDash.com ships winning for free on all auctions in the continental USA. They do not provide shipping to Hawaii, Alaska or outside of the USA. Free shipping is rare in the penny auction world!
Is Deal dash a Scam?
DealDash has a great BBB rating (A-) but is not accredited. They have a very good reputation in the industry for making good on won auctions, providing good customer service and having a generous refund policy. They appear to be extremely open in the operating practices. We don’t see any reason to call Deal Dash a scam.
DealDash Pros and Cons
- DealDash Pros: Lots of auctions, great product variety, free shipping, No Jumper auctions
- DealDash Cons: Lots of bidders and competition can be rough sometimes
Auto-bidding on DealDash
BidBuddy is the name of DealDash’s auto-bidding tool. On DealDash, BidBuddy is initiated by entering the number of bids and hitting ‘start’ (no start and stop points are needed). The tool will then place bids for you in the final few seconds of the auction.
- When it bids: During the last few seconds of the auction
- How many bids can it place per campaign: No limits
- How many can be set simultaneously: Any number
- Can it be deactivated? Yes
- Restrictions: None
- Try BidBuddy
Posted in: DealDash FAQs
We often get asked the question, “Which penny auctions sites are like DealDash?”. Our answer, Quibids!
Why DealDash is Similar to Quibids
- Quibids offers an extremely high volume of penny auctions daily like DealDash.
- Quibids is considered as “safe” as DealDash in that shipping is cheap/free, most auctions are ‘buy it’ and their reputation is great (relative to other penny auction sites.
- Quibids and DealDash offer many of the same types of auctions (product selection)
- Quibids and DealDash both support new bidders/beginners with lower competition auctions.
Why DealDash is not Like Quibids
The main difference between DealDash and Quibids has to do with the price of bids. Quibids is known for almost never offering discount bids. DealDash on the other hand, frequently offers large discounts on bid packages. We’re not sure whether this is a plus or minus, but it is a difference.
Posted in: DealDash FAQs
Let’s face it. DealDash is the monster penny auction that we all suspect it is. There’s a million things that we love about DealDash (free shipping, no jumper auctions, tons of product, etc.) but there’s also something we don’t!
How do you Get Free Bids for DealDash?
On sign-up DealDash rarely hooks new bidders up with free bids. However, once you’re a member, there are a few ways to get free bids on DealDash.
- Get DealDash free bids on facebook: Once you’ve won a DealDash auction and have received your bounty, take a picture and share it on their facebook page to get hooked up with free bids.
- Buy It: Let’s say you’re too deep in an auction and want to bail. Consider buying the item at the buy it price and dealdash with refund your bids. We consider these to be ‘free bids’ because you would lose them otherwise.
We hope these couple tips were helpful.
Posted in: DealDash FAQs
Get the Free DealDash Bidding Guide
Get our free 5-part series (written by penny auction veterans) on bidding on Deal Dash and the other top penny auction websites!
No SPAM, unsubscribe at any time.
DealDash User Ratings and Reviews
Awesome Penny Auction Site
I have been a member of DealDash.com since Sept 2012. It was my first experience with penny auctions but I am sure I picked the best to start with. I did try another auction site but it was so hard to understand and I never won. With DealDash, I have won over 150 auctions and at some ridiculous prices. I would recommend, and often do, to anyone and everyone. It is an A+ auction site and I am proud to be a member.